I have not forgotten about Disney Month or the blog but the last two weeks my life has been like a circus and I’m the juggling clown. But I think there might be light at the end of the big top. Family is a great thing to have but sometimes they can lead to exhaustion.
I’ve been going at 200 MPH it seems lately. Work, work, and the kids are all I seem to focus on here as of late. Well I need to slow down and refocus. I have gotten away from myself and the things I love. Don’t get me wrong I love spending time with the kids but I don’t have to make it a priority like I have been. I can’t tell you the last time I have really baked something, well that is going to change tomorrow night. I actually cooked dinner last night too, and I mean really cook dinner, homemade baked ziti, with homemade sauce. And I really need to refocus on here and get back to posting. I love doing this blog, I really do. Here are a few things that have been happening.
– Dad applied and interviewed for a Job in Florida, so that brought that more to reality
– I am counting down the days till we go to the Smoky Mountains, I need to get away, there are few people that are getting on my last nerve
– What I have been reading
o The Dare Valley Series by Ava Miles
o One Lavender Ribbon
o War Brides
o Message From Nam by Danielle Steel
– We took the kids to princess night at the local frontier league baseball game
– We took the kids for their first day at the local amusement park
I guess that is about it.
Last evening I finished reading Save the Date by Mary Kay Andrews and it did not disappoint one bit. I loved it! The ending was far better than I ever could have expected. Hopefully some of those same characters will make another appearance in another book. I would really like that but we will have to wait and see if that happens or not.
I know it has been a while since I posted last so here are a few updates:
1) It’s less than 30 days now till my 30th Birthday Celebration Trip at Disney
2) My cousin and his wife are moving back which means my favorite five-year old (their daughter who is like a niece to me) and her baby brother are going to be closer! That baby has already stolen my heart!
3) The down side to them moving back home, no more trips to South Dakota. I have come to love that place.
Recent Books Read:
1) “Spring Fever” by: Mary Kay Andrews
2) “Wife by Wednesday” by: Catherine Bybee
3) “Married by Monday” by Catherine Bybee
4) “Fiancé by Friday” by Catherine Bybee
5) “Single by Saturday” by Catherine Bybee
Recent Dishes from the Kitchen:
1) More Pioneer Woman Baked Ziti
2) Raspberry Lemonade Cake
3) More Black Bean and Corn Salsa
4) Nutella Brownies
5) Chocolate Lover’s Poke Cake
I’ll follow up a few of these updates with blog posts very soon.
As I sit here and write this the latest round of snow is slowly melting away outside and the South is getting hit by a second snow/ice storm. This year winter is hitting us really hard and I am so ready for it to be over. I need sun and a little warmer weather. Since it’s been a while since I last write I thought I would provide a few updates…
1) I am officially 30! And turning 30 really wasn’t as bad as I thought it was.
2) We have booked our Disney Vacation to Celebrate my 30th and I have made plans to “eat my way through Disney”!
3) My favorite 5-year-old is now a Big Sister! In December her baby brother was born. (He will be getting his first set of Mickey Ears from Disney when we go!)
4) My charm bracelet has gotten a little more character! Especially a cute little frog prince!
5) I have started another blog, a special one to remember my 31st year by. If you would like to check it out here it is http://mythirtyfirstyear.wordpress.com/
Thank you for reading and new post are coming very soon. Here’s to a good a good year!