As I mentioned yesterday, I was out of college before I finally had the time and energy to read Gone With the Wind from cover to cover. Not that I had’t tried to read it a few times before then. And I am so glad I finally did make it to the end. At that time once I started reading it I didn’t want to put it down. I would love to do it again, but I have to find the time and energy again. Hopefully within the next year I can make that happen again. My love of all things Gone With the Wind extended into research papers in high school about Margret Mitchell annd one year for vacation, Atlanta so I could go to the Margret Mitchell house. As for sequals to Gone With the Wind don’t get me started on them. Granted there have not been many, two that I am aware of. I have had this discussion with my friend before, I really don’t feel like the book Scarlett is how the great Scarlett O’Hara would pick up and move on after the love of her life Rhett Butler walked out on her, especially after she just finally realized he was the love of her life. And Rhett Butler would never and I mean never marry another woman. Now Rhett Butler’s People I found that a little more believeable. To me Gone With the Wind will always be one of my favorite books and Rhett Butler and Scarlett O’Hara will always be one of my favorite literary couples. Not to mention Rhett Butler has given me false hope for finding the perfect man.
Ten Random Things I have been thinking about and thought I would share.
- I think Hallmark Channel or someone else should make movies out of the “Yada Yada Prayer Group”. I would love to see my favorite characters come to live on the screen.
- Part of me thinks it would be cool if they did a “Gone With The Wind” movie re-make.
- I think it would interesting if they did a “The Nanny” reunion movie.
- While I liked that the new “90210” ended with Liam and Annie getting engaged, I would have liked it better if the show ended with them getting married.
- The Pioneer Woman is probably my favorite celebrity cook and probably the one I can relate to the most.
- I think I might write a book, or at least try.
- I would love to see Morgan and Garcia end up together on “Criminal Minds”
- I really don’t think “Scarlett: The Sequel to Gone With The Wind” is what Margaret Mitchell would have had in mind if she was going to write a sequel. The Scarlett in there was not the Scarlett from the original.
- On “Revenge” I don’t really think Declan is dead.
- I can’t wait to hear who is going to play Christian Gray and Gideon Cross in the movies for “Fifty Shades of Gray” and “Bared To You”. I think Colin Egglesfield could pull off one of them.