One of the things we did last week one evening was play putt putt golf. There is a cute Corolla themed putt putt place in Corolla. Complete with a mini lighthouse, Whalehead Club, and wild horses. This is newer since we started going to the Outer Banks but this was our second time playing there. I’m not good at putt putt golf but we had fun. It was a windy night the night we played so that made it a little interesting. I do think the wind helped with some of the movements of a few of the putts. But we had fun, that’s all that matters. The next time I play putt putt will probably be the next time I’m in the Outer Banks.
There are many restaurants in the Outer Banks. Most if not all featuring some kind of seafood, if you are in to seafood. One of our favorite restaurants to go to is the Black Pelican in Kitty Hawk. We found out about it the first year we were there by asking the Duck Firefighters where we could find a good place to eat. We eat there at least once every time we are in the Outer Banks. To me they have the best prime rib on the island! And their pita bread, no words! Since we have first starting eating there they have been featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. Our other favorites include the Tomato Patch in Corolla and High Cotton in Kitty Hawk. But for me I look forward to the Black Pelican!
I know it has been a while since I last posted and my post before that were few and far between, I am sorry. It has been a world wind of a summer for me but it is starting to slow down. Here are a few updates.
From the Kitchen:
- Tiger Butter Cake- Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Frosting
- Vegetable Cheeseball- Cream Cheese, Ranch Dressing Mix, and Broccoli Slaw Mix
- Buckeye Brownies: Brownies with Peanut Butter and Chocolate on top
- A New Twist on Salad: Broccoli Slaw Mix, Ham, and Dressing
- Read “Taken By Tuesday” by Catherine Bybee (Part of the Weekday Bride Series) I love this series.
- I finally finished “Reason to Breathe” and have started reading “Barely Breathing”
- Read “Just a Fling”
- I have been spending lots of time with the kids now that they have moved here and I am loving every minute. The nine month old is starting to get attached to me and that is a special feeling to have a baby reach for you. The five-year old practically has me eating out of the palm of her hand. And she started Kindergarten last mouth and I am still finding that hard to believe.
- My Disney Fever is increasing with each passing day. And the five-year old is getting Disney Fever too.
- I got to spend a lovely afternoon in Maysville and Augusta Kentucky with two of my best friends. We went to the Kentucky Heritage Museum where they have a huge display of Miniatures and we went to the Rosemary Clooney House.
- My Outer Banks vacation is less than a month away and I am counting down the days till I will be going back to that special place that has come to been so much to me.
- I got the Kindle Fire HDX, which replaces my Kindle Fire HD. I am very impressed with this device.
- I am really looking forward for the new seasons to start for many shows but Criminal Minds is probably the one I am looking forward to most.
- A few weeks ago on Hallmark Channel I watched “The Color of Rain” Movie, I thought it was a great movie. I read some of the book and the movie was a nice follow up.
( I will write more detailed separate posts for many of the items mentioned above so please keep a look out for them.)