I was never big on reading when I was growning up and my mom will not pick up a non-kids book for nothing. So I feel like I was deprived a little growing up. I have never read Little House on the Prairie, Mary Poppins, Anne of Green Gables, Little Women, or Alice in Wonderland to name a few. But I am working on changing that. I am making it a goal to read some of the classics that I missed out on as a kid. You are never to old to read something new even if it is not in you age group.
Here is my list so far, but it is not set in stone either…
1) Their Eyes Were Watching God by: Zora Neale Hurston
2) Across Five Aprils by: Irene Hunt
3) Rifles for Watie by: Harold Keith
4) The Red Badge of Courage by: Stephen Crane
5) Little Women by: Louisa May Alcott
6) Uncle Tom’s Cabin by: Harriet Beecher Stowe
7) A Farewell to Arms by: Ernest Hemingway
8) The Catcher in the Rye by: J.D. Salinger
9) Are you there God? It’s me, Margaret by: Judy Blume
10) The Color Purple by: Alice Walker
11) Anne of Green Gables by: L.M. Montgomery
Each year I like to have a reading challenge. This year I am doing that Kindle Love Stories Challenge that I have been sharing with you. I already have in mind what I think I would like to do for next year. Each month next year I would like to read a book that I should have read in my youth but didn’t. I have a few ideas but I was wondering if you had any ideas too. Now I have read To Kill a Mockingbird, The Grapes of Wrath, Pride and Prejudice, and even Animal Farm. So those are off the list. Some of my ideas are Little Women, The Red Badge of Courage, Their Eyes Were Watching God, and The Scarlet Letter. Even these are not set in stone.