Yesterday was the first Martinsville Race of the Season. Cars were bumping and banging off of each other in every turn. I think the only car that did not have had any damage to it was that of the winner, Jimmie Johnson. Johnson led the most laps and won, his eighth career Martinsville win. Dale Earnhardt Jr’s streak ended with his 24th place finish and he lost the points lead. Danica Patrick finished in the top fifteen, for the first time since Daytona. It was the first of the five races Denny Hamlin will have to sit out, Mark Martin drove the FedEx Camry to a top ten finish. There were even some flames, Kyle Busch’s car caught on fire after he lost his breaks. Tempers were flaring too, Harvick turned Vickers around after the checkered flag waved. All in all it was an event filled day at Martinsville.
At my work once a month they do a newsletter for our department and one of the features is ten questions spotlighting two or three of the employees in our department so we can get to know them better. That made me think that maybe that would be fun so my readers can get to know me a little better. So here it is ten questions with me…
1. Favorite movie? “Gone With The Wind” and “Seven Brides For Seven Brothers”
2. If you had a superpower what world it be? The power to heal. I have watched too many people I love suffer.
3. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would do? Take my favorite four-year old to Disney World and go back to school to get my Master’s
4. If you had the chance to trade places with someone for a day, who would it be? Rick Hendrick, I would love to know what it is like to own a race team plus I could spend the day with Dale Jr. and Jimmie Johnson
5. Name one pet peeve that you have. Baby Jesus in the crib before Christmas Eve at Midnight
6. If you could visit one place where would it be? Bristol Motor Speedway for the night race in August
7. What’s the best part of your job? The people I work with
8. Name one person (living or deceased) that you wish you could meet (or could have met)? My grandpa (my dad’s dad) he died when my Dad was 16 so I never got the chance to meet him.
9. Who or what inspires you? My aunt that passed away way too young
10. What is the best advice that you have ever been given? Hard work pays off
Sunday afternoon in the hills of Tennessee there was a first Bristol win, a fourth top ten in a row, a fight, and another win for Hendrick Motorsports. Kasey Kahne got his first Bristol victory holding off Kyle Busch. If Busch won that would have been his second of the weekend, he won on Saturday afternoon as well. Dale Earnhardt Jr finished in the top ten, that makes his fourth in a row. Looks like somebody is having a good start. Joey Logano and Denny Hamlin are teammates no more, with Lagano moving to a new team this year, and after the race that was apparent to all. Logano went after Hamlin, Logano blames Hamlin for causing him to crash. Sunday’s victory for Kahne means that in this young season of four races Hendrick Motorsports already has two victories. They are on their way to 300. Johnson had tire problems and finished in the top 25, which caused him to lose the points lead, and Danica Patrick finished in the top 30.