Christmas movies started on Hallmark this weekend. Both the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. They even had their first new premier Christmas at Pemberly Manor. I was not sure if I would like that one being such a Pride and Prejudice fan but I did. The only bad thing, my Christmas movies kept getting interrupted by Halloween commercials. I have to admit I even listened to Christmas music this weekend.
The one Hallmark Christmas movie I was looking forward to the most was the one that disappointed me most. And to top it off it was the Hallmark Gold Crown Movie. Maybe if I had a chance to read the book before I saw the movie then I would have known what to expect but that movie totally blindsided me. The movie I’m talking about, if you don’t already know is The Christmas Train.
Now I did surprisingly like Christmas in Evergreen. That might be my favorite of the 2017 Hallmark Movies. That and the one about finding Santa.
The Hallmark Channel started their Christmas movies this weekend. Our tv has not been off the Hallmark Channel all weekend. I decided this morning as I was watching one of them I wish my life was a Hallmark movie. Then I could land my dream job and Mr Right at the same time. But this is reality and I’m still waiting for both.
Thats right the Hallmark Channel starts their Christmas movies this weekend and we haven’t even had Halloween yet. Could we please get one thing over before we start another? And I don’t even like Halloween but I would like to be able to get through that before I have to start thinking about snow and Santa and Christmas shopping.
I know it has been a while since I last posted and my post before that were few and far between, I am sorry. It has been a world wind of a summer for me but it is starting to slow down. Here are a few updates.
From the Kitchen:
- Tiger Butter Cake- Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Frosting
- Vegetable Cheeseball- Cream Cheese, Ranch Dressing Mix, and Broccoli Slaw Mix
- Buckeye Brownies: Brownies with Peanut Butter and Chocolate on top
- A New Twist on Salad: Broccoli Slaw Mix, Ham, and Dressing
- Read “Taken By Tuesday” by Catherine Bybee (Part of the Weekday Bride Series) I love this series.
- I finally finished “Reason to Breathe” and have started reading “Barely Breathing”
- Read “Just a Fling”
- I have been spending lots of time with the kids now that they have moved here and I am loving every minute. The nine month old is starting to get attached to me and that is a special feeling to have a baby reach for you. The five-year old practically has me eating out of the palm of her hand. And she started Kindergarten last mouth and I am still finding that hard to believe.
- My Disney Fever is increasing with each passing day. And the five-year old is getting Disney Fever too.
- I got to spend a lovely afternoon in Maysville and Augusta Kentucky with two of my best friends. We went to the Kentucky Heritage Museum where they have a huge display of Miniatures and we went to the Rosemary Clooney House.
- My Outer Banks vacation is less than a month away and I am counting down the days till I will be going back to that special place that has come to been so much to me.
- I got the Kindle Fire HDX, which replaces my Kindle Fire HD. I am very impressed with this device.
- I am really looking forward for the new seasons to start for many shows but Criminal Minds is probably the one I am looking forward to most.
- A few weeks ago on Hallmark Channel I watched “The Color of Rain” Movie, I thought it was a great movie. I read some of the book and the movie was a nice follow up.
( I will write more detailed separate posts for many of the items mentioned above so please keep a look out for them.)
Usually I love Christmas time and last year I had all my gifts purchased by this time but this year I just can not get in the Spirit. This year I don’t know what to buy the people on my list and it just doesn’t really feel like Christmas time. I’ve been watching the non-stop Christmas movies on Hallmark Channel and usually those make me happy but not this year. I have listen to the Duck Dynasty Christmas cd at least fifty times, and while I love it, it too has not gotten me in the Spirit. We are on week two of four of Secret Santa at work but it just isn’t the same this year. A few weeks ago I tried watching my favorite Christmas Movie White Christmas and I feel asleep. I have started my Christmas cards but again it’s half hearted. I don’t know when or where I lost my Christmas Spirit but I would love to get it back.
Ten Random Things I have been thinking about and thought I would share.
- I think Hallmark Channel or someone else should make movies out of the “Yada Yada Prayer Group”. I would love to see my favorite characters come to live on the screen.
- Part of me thinks it would be cool if they did a “Gone With The Wind” movie re-make.
- I think it would interesting if they did a “The Nanny” reunion movie.
- While I liked that the new “90210” ended with Liam and Annie getting engaged, I would have liked it better if the show ended with them getting married.
- The Pioneer Woman is probably my favorite celebrity cook and probably the one I can relate to the most.
- I think I might write a book, or at least try.
- I would love to see Morgan and Garcia end up together on “Criminal Minds”
- I really don’t think “Scarlett: The Sequel to Gone With The Wind” is what Margaret Mitchell would have had in mind if she was going to write a sequel. The Scarlett in there was not the Scarlett from the original.
- On “Revenge” I don’t really think Declan is dead.
- I can’t wait to hear who is going to play Christian Gray and Gideon Cross in the movies for “Fifty Shades of Gray” and “Bared To You”. I think Colin Egglesfield could pull off one of them.