Yesterday I shared my Minnie Ear Obsession with you. Now I have a question for all my fellow Disney loving Minnie ear wearing fans. How do you pack your Minnie ears when traveling? I’ve had a few ideas but none have panned out so far. I don’t want to just “throw” them in a bag but I want them protected too.
Tag Archive | #disneyworld
A Few Things That Have Been On My Mind
🏝 Each day I inch closer and closer to my return to the Outer Banks. I am so excited. As much as I like going to Disney, Corolla feeds my soul.
⚓️ After watching the Outdaughtered episode where they went on a Disney Cruise, I want to go on another one so bad and I want to take the kids on one.
🍔 I’ve been watching the Great Food Truck Race this summer but could not bring myself to watch the final because I really could not stand either of the two teams competing for the win.
🎬 I have seen Toy Story 4 and The Lion King but have not seen Aladdin yet and honestly I’m kind of torn if I want to see it or not. I did like the other two movies. I will admit I’m a little confused how they will do a Toy Story 5 (if there is going to be one).
👧🏻👦🏻👩🏻👱🏻♀️ The kids are growing up so fast. The oldest graduated high school and starts college soon. My boy is starting Kindergarten in a few weeks and the his younger sister will start her last year of Preschool. And their older sister is starting 5th grade. (Proud Auntie Moments)
🥞 Cracker Barrel used to be the one place, while traveling especially, you could depend on a good meal, but they have gone down hill. They need to step it up a little. I can’t stand to go their anymore. And the one that is close to me is the worst one ever.
⭐️ I know what I’m about to say is not going to go over with some people but I don’t care, I’m going to say it anyway. I really wish they were not putting Star Wars Land at Disney World. I feel like it is because of it that the prices keep going up (even on annual passes) and I really could care less to even see what it looks like.
📺 I am currently on a free trail of HBO through Amazon and I watched a few episodes of Big Little Lies and I must say I really don’t understand it. Maybe I haven’t watched enough yet I’m not sure.
Disney World Favorites
Favorite Resort Hotel to Stay: Port Orleans Riverside (POR)
Favorite Restaurant: Be Our Guest (dinner)
Favorite Snack: Dole Whip
Favorite Mickey Shaped Snack: Pretzel
Favorite Ride: Kilimanjaro Safari
Favorite Show: Beauty and the Beast (Hollywood Studios)
Favorite Nighttime Show: Happily Ever After (Magic Kingdom) (there is just something magical about fireworks over the castle)
Favorite Shop: Uptown Jewelers (Magic Kingdom) (one stop shopping for my Dooney & Burke’s and Pandora Charms)
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom (while I enjoy all four of them, there is just something special about the Magic Kingdom)
Favorite Event/Festival: EPCOT Flower and Garden
My View One Year Ago
This was my view one year ago. That was a great trip. This year I already have one Disney Trip down and one more on the way, plus a Disney Cruise. 2018 will be the year of Disney for this Southern Belle.
Last Monday my parents celebrated 35 years of marriage. And now that my mom has been given her surprise anniversary gift, if I had a mountain top to shout it from I would. I am going on a Disney Cruise! I am so excited and we are going to Disney World again. We are not going till much later this year but I have something to look forward too. My aunt and cousins will be going to Disney World with too. I’m super excited to see what a Disney Cruise is like, I have heard they are amazing!
I know my post have been few and far between lately. Well I am hoping to change that. I am officially a one job woman now and I even got a promotion. So my new full time second job is going to be this blog here. So I am going to do a little catching up…
Travel: Well we went to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge for a few days in April. The day we arrived down there was the day the helicopter crashed killing five people. My heart goes out to those affected by the crash. We are getting ready to go to Grand Rapids, MI for a few days here very soon. We have done two Cumberland Falls’ weekends with the kids. Now those were a ball. Well the first one was a ball, the second one the babies were sick so it was not as much fun. But of course our big trip this year is still to come. I’m going to Disney World! Yes again! This is a family trip in October where my three favorite people under the age of eight will be going too. I can’t wait to see how the one and two year old reacts when they see it for the first time.
Baking/Cooking: Well this Southern Belle finally had one of her dreams come true. I got my KitchenAid Stand Mixer for Christmas so I have become the cake from scratch queen. I love it! Some days I will just look at it and think I am so lucky to have it. Cooking on the other hand I have not done too much of that.
Reading: Since late last year I have been obsessed with the Dare Valley Series of Books by Ava Miles and then the Dare River Series and now the Dare Valley Meets Paris novellas. I can’t wait for the next Dare River now. I also read the newest Catherine Bybee book, “Doing it Over”, plus the fourth book in the In Dixie Series by Beth Albright, “Stardust in Dixie”, and then there was the final in the Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day, “One With You”. Boy I really am into series! I loved all those books though.
Auntie: Beside the two trips to Cumberland Falls with the kids, I took the seven year old a girl’s day one day when I was off. We went to the local butterfly show, that was my first time going in years, I don’t think she liked it too much but I did. We also recently as a whole family did the horse park in Lexington, that was cool but I think the two year old how the most fun of any of us. The one year old was scared of the horse but she did well. Of course the hardest part right now for this Auntie is not being able to tell the seven year old we are going to Disney in October, her mommy doesn’t want to tell her till we are getting in the car to leave.
Southern Belle Style: I love saying shirts. One of my newest ones I purchased especially for the seven year old “Suck it up Buttercup”. I always want to tell her that when she starts whining about something.
Well I think that about covers everything I have been up too. I will keep you posted on my happenings and not go so long in between posts. Thank you for continuing to read Southern Belle Charm, without you the readers this blog would be nothing. I hope everyone has a happy and safe Memorial Day.
31 Day Blogging Challenge Day 27: What Makes Me Feel Better, Always
1) The Kids of Course
2) The Outer Banks
3) Disney World
4) Gone With The Wind
5) Seven Brides For Seven Brothers
31 Day Blogging Challenge Day 12: If I Won The Lottery…
If I won the Lottery…
- I would pay off my car, but now I see that have Hybrid Rav4’s and I maybe interested in one of those
- I would payoff some bills
- I would purchase the Disney Vacation Club
- I would take a trip to the Outer Banks
- I would take a trip to New Orleans
- I would take a trip to Savannah
- We would have Princess Rooms at Disney in October when we go
- And all the girls would have Princess Makeovers and the boy would get a Pirate Makeover
31 Day Blogging Challenge Day 7: 10 Favorite Foods
My 10 Favorite Foods…
1) Outback Steakhouse Steak
2) White Rice with White Pepper Gravy (Rice and Gravy)
3) Chicken and Dumplings (The Old Mill in Pigeon Forge has my absolute favorite)
4) Apple and Spice Donuts from Dunkin’ Donuts
5) Any kind of cake from Servatii’s
7) Gummy Bears/Red Swedish Fish
8) Dole Whip at Disney World
9) Prime Rib from Jewell’s on Main
10) My Mom’s Pork Roast
31 Day Blogging Challenge Day 2: 20 Facts About Me
20 Facts about Me…
1) I am a hopeless romantic
2) I am still looking for my Mr. Right
3) I love to bake
4) I am starting to love to cook
5) I am a Food Network Junkie
6) The Pioneer Woman is my favorite Food Network Show
7) My favorite vacation spot is the Outer Banks of NC; especially the town of Corolla
8) Surprisingly I love Disney World more now as an adult then I did when I was a kid
9) I enjoy all things southern
10) Gone With the Wind is my favorite book and movie
11) When I was a child my favorite movie was Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
12) Two Cities I would love to spend more time exploring are New Orleans and Savannah, there is just something about them that has drawn me in
13) I am a huge Civil War buff
14) I still love sending post cards from vacation, especially to the kids, and I still write thank you notes
15) I love Vera Bradley bags; even my luggage is Vera Bradley. I have been known to have a least 25 pieces of Vera Bradley with me on one trip. Of course I am in seventh heaven now that there are Disney Vera Bradley’s! (I even have Vera Bradley stickers on my laptop.)
16) I love crime shows: Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, & Castle are probably my top three
17) I love to take pictures and make things out of the pictures I take
18) Pink is my favorite color
19) I love spoiling the kids
20) I love old antebellum homes