From Lt. Dan in Forrest Gump, to Ken Mattingly in Apollo 13, to Terry McQuinn in Hallmark Hall of Fame’s Fallen Angel (on of my favs) to Mac Taylor in CSI:NY, and to my favorite Jack Garrett in Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, I have been a a Gary Sinise fan. I preordered his book months ago as soon as I learned about it. But what I got to see last month at Disney World has made me an even bigger Gary Sinise fan. We stayed at Coronado Springs last month and while we were there the Gary Sinise Foundation was there with what they call the Snowball Express. The Snowball Express brings Gold Star Famlies (Families of Fallen Soliders) together for fun and support. I feel honored to be able to say we stayed at the same hotel as these families, rode buses with them, and got to see them enjoying the magic of Disney. I truly hope each and everyone of them had a magical time at Disney, they deserve it.
It’s official the kids are Disney addicts just like me. The ten year old is already asking to go on a Disney Cruise and in two months we will be going to Disney World because we told the three year old she couldn’t go till she was potty trained. That’s right I am calling this trip The No Diapers at Disney Trip. The three and five year old now even ask to watch the fireworks on TV. And little Miss “I go to Disney because I wear underwears”, every time she sees my purse tells me what rides she wants to ride. The five year old even gets excited when he sees the EPCOT ball. We took the kids with us when we say the new Mary Poppins and right before the movie started they played a Disney World commercial, everyone in the theater knew the three year old was going there. It melts this Disney Loving Heart!
I was so excited I was going to post this on Monday (New Year’s Eve) but then life had other plans, so here it is better late then never my 2018 in review. 2018 was a year of firsts for me, not all good.
🎉 First Disney Cruise
🎉 First ER visit (for both me and the three year old)
🎉 First visit to Frankenmuth Michigan
🎉 First visit to Gulf Shoes Alabama
🎉 First Candlelight Processional at EPCOT
🎉 First time calling in sick to work in the 8 years I’ve worked there
🎉 First Christmas we didn’t put a tree up or lights outside
Where did November and December go? It seems like just yesterday the Christmas movies were starting on Hallmark and now it is almost Christmas. Here is where my November and December went.
First we went to Gulf Shores Alabama for a week, then it was Thanksgiving when we got back. Right after Thanksgiving my aunt had a double kidney transplant, we were in Disney World last week and on my first Disney Cruise over the weekend, and now it is time for Christmas.
What a world wind these last two months have been. I still have Christmas gifts to purchase, but at this point, I really do not care. It is what it is. Oh and I forgot to mention two of the kids had birthdays this week.
I have officially reached stressed out mode over my upcoming Disney Vacation and Disney Cruise. And it’s not till December!
– Steak, Fries, & Truffle Mayo from Be Our Guest
– Turkey from Liberty Tree Tavern
– Rice Crispy Balls from Main Street Confectionery
– Potato Leek Soup from Rose & Crown
– Sticky Bun Bake from The Garden Grill
– Barbecue Pork Sandwich from Liberty Inn
– Pot Roast from 50’s Prime Time Cafe
– Chicken Parmigiana from Mama Melrose
– Jungle Juice from Tusker House
– Pork Egg Rolls from Yak & Yeti
Throughout the Parks
– Dole Whip
– Mickey Soft Pretzel
– Fresh Fruit
1) Eat at Cinderella’s Castle (happening in December)
2) See Disney World all decorated for Christmas (happening in December)
3) Eat Beignets at Port Orleans French Quarter
4) Drink Around The World (one trip at a time) (already started; wine in Germany and Sangria in United Kingdom)
5) Kilimanjaro Safari ride at night
6) Explore Toy Story Land (happening in December)
7) Princess Breakfast with the girls
8) Ride Haunted Mansion with the boy
9) Stay at the Contemporary
10) Kiss the love of my life on Main Street USA in front of the castle (I might have a really long wait for this one)