It seems like I have had Disney fever the last few years. After almost seven years in between my last trip to Disney World and my trip last year, now it seems like I can’t get enough. I had to go this year for my 30th Birthday and it is looking like we will be going next year, and there are already talks of going in 2016 as well. But now I have started trying to pass my Disney fever on. The almost six year old already has it, as does the thirteen year old. So I’m starting in on the almost one year old. Yesterday we purchased him for Christmas the Little People Discover Disney play set. I can’t wait to see this and help him figure it all out. Plus there is the fact that we bought him a Mickey Mouse car seat and stroller, Mickey and Donald toy cars from Downtown Disney when we where there a few weeks, and we are trying to find him a Disney ride on toy for his first birthday in a few weeks. We are also trying to take him to Disney with us next year. He will have no clue what is going on but that’s okay, he will have his first taste of Disney. And to top it all off I’m already hoping the new baby will be a baby girl so I can buy her the Minnie Car seat and then we can have matching Mickey and Minnie car seats.
I know it has been a while since I last posted and my post before that were few and far between, I am sorry. It has been a world wind of a summer for me but it is starting to slow down. Here are a few updates.
From the Kitchen:
- Tiger Butter Cake- Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Frosting
- Vegetable Cheeseball- Cream Cheese, Ranch Dressing Mix, and Broccoli Slaw Mix
- Buckeye Brownies: Brownies with Peanut Butter and Chocolate on top
- A New Twist on Salad: Broccoli Slaw Mix, Ham, and Dressing
- Read “Taken By Tuesday” by Catherine Bybee (Part of the Weekday Bride Series) I love this series.
- I finally finished “Reason to Breathe” and have started reading “Barely Breathing”
- Read “Just a Fling”
- I have been spending lots of time with the kids now that they have moved here and I am loving every minute. The nine month old is starting to get attached to me and that is a special feeling to have a baby reach for you. The five-year old practically has me eating out of the palm of her hand. And she started Kindergarten last mouth and I am still finding that hard to believe.
- My Disney Fever is increasing with each passing day. And the five-year old is getting Disney Fever too.
- I got to spend a lovely afternoon in Maysville and Augusta Kentucky with two of my best friends. We went to the Kentucky Heritage Museum where they have a huge display of Miniatures and we went to the Rosemary Clooney House.
- My Outer Banks vacation is less than a month away and I am counting down the days till I will be going back to that special place that has come to been so much to me.
- I got the Kindle Fire HDX, which replaces my Kindle Fire HD. I am very impressed with this device.
- I am really looking forward for the new seasons to start for many shows but Criminal Minds is probably the one I am looking forward to most.
- A few weeks ago on Hallmark Channel I watched “The Color of Rain” Movie, I thought it was a great movie. I read some of the book and the movie was a nice follow up.
( I will write more detailed separate posts for many of the items mentioned above so please keep a look out for them.)
This is how bad I have Disney fever yet again. This morning as I was sitting at my computer at work, working, my mind drifted to the walk from the Disney bus into Animal Kingdom. Guess I’d rather be with the animals this Monday morning instead of my co-workers.