Next month I get to spend a week in the Outer Banks. This is the vacation I have been looking forward to all year. This will be the first truly relaxing vacation I have had in years. Don’t get me wrong I love my Disney vacations but they really are not relaxing. Yes they are great for escaping from reality but I’m still up before the sun rushing to get out the door to catch a bus to get to the park to get through the line and get to our breakfast reservation on time. And by the end of the night all I want to do is fall into bed. And don’t even get me started on Disney with kids, that was like a stress level 20 on a scale 1 to 10. And the Gulf Shores Trip last year was a stress level 50 on that same scale. I have a pile of books to take with me and two movies I’m going to take with me and I may not get to read or watch them and I really don’t care. I’m sleeping past 7 am and taking an afternoon nap if I want. All I know is the Outer Banks is good for the soul, or at least this Southern Belle’s soul.
🏝 Each day I inch closer and closer to my return to the Outer Banks. I am so excited. As much as I like going to Disney, Corolla feeds my soul.
⚓️ After watching the Outdaughtered episode where they went on a Disney Cruise, I want to go on another one so bad and I want to take the kids on one.
🍔 I’ve been watching the Great Food Truck Race this summer but could not bring myself to watch the final because I really could not stand either of the two teams competing for the win.
🎬 I have seen Toy Story 4 and The Lion King but have not seen Aladdin yet and honestly I’m kind of torn if I want to see it or not. I did like the other two movies. I will admit I’m a little confused how they will do a Toy Story 5 (if there is going to be one).
👧🏻👦🏻👩🏻👱🏻♀️ The kids are growing up so fast. The oldest graduated high school and starts college soon. My boy is starting Kindergarten in a few weeks and the his younger sister will start her last year of Preschool. And their older sister is starting 5th grade. (Proud Auntie Moments)
🥞 Cracker Barrel used to be the one place, while traveling especially, you could depend on a good meal, but they have gone down hill. They need to step it up a little. I can’t stand to go their anymore. And the one that is close to me is the worst one ever.
⭐️ I know what I’m about to say is not going to go over with some people but I don’t care, I’m going to say it anyway. I really wish they were not putting Star Wars Land at Disney World. I feel like it is because of it that the prices keep going up (even on annual passes) and I really could care less to even see what it looks like.
📺 I am currently on a free trail of HBO through Amazon and I watched a few episodes of Big Little Lies and I must say I really don’t understand it. Maybe I haven’t watched enough yet I’m not sure.
1) Stay at the Grand Floridian at Disney World
2) Christmas in the Outer Banks
3) Thanksgiving in the Outer Banks
4) Go to Disney World with the love of my life *
5) Go to the Outer Banks with the love of my life *
6) Stay at the Bavarian Inn in Frankenmuth Michigan
7) Find a job working from the road
8) Go to a NASCAR race
9) Camp at Disney World
10) Give the kids the perfect Disney World vacation
* but first I have to find the love of my life
Last week was my Outer Banks vacation. We got back Sunday and by Monday I was ready to go back. Well actually, I didn’t want it to end to begin with, so I guess it was more like my desire to stay had increased by Monday. I have never needed a vacation as much as I did last week. It was so good to relax and enjoy the salt air, read as I was watching the tides, and spend time with my aunt. Since my grandma passed away a few years ago, she moved about 45 minutes to an hour away, and all the hustle and bustle of everyday means I don’t see her as much as I used to. So it was good to have a week to “catch up”. We took a sunset dolphin cruise and a wild horse tour. Plus we ate dinner together every night and breakfast together almost every morning. The house we rented was amazing. What more could we have asked for? It was just what this Southern Belle needed.
I was actually going to post a photo not from the Outer Banks today but this popped up in my memories so I thought why not. In all our trips to the Outer Banks this was the only time we saw the wild horses on the beach. We have seen the wild horses every time but usually back among the houses in the 4 wheel drive area. The horse tour is my favorite part of the whole trip.
20 Facts about Me…
1) I am a hopeless romantic
2) I am still looking for my Mr. Right
3) I love to bake
4) I am starting to love to cook
5) I am a Food Network Junkie
6) The Pioneer Woman is my favorite Food Network Show
7) My favorite vacation spot is the Outer Banks of NC; especially the town of Corolla
8) Surprisingly I love Disney World more now as an adult then I did when I was a kid
9) I enjoy all things southern
10) Gone With the Wind is my favorite book and movie
11) When I was a child my favorite movie was Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
12) Two Cities I would love to spend more time exploring are New Orleans and Savannah, there is just something about them that has drawn me in
13) I am a huge Civil War buff
14) I still love sending post cards from vacation, especially to the kids, and I still write thank you notes
15) I love Vera Bradley bags; even my luggage is Vera Bradley. I have been known to have a least 25 pieces of Vera Bradley with me on one trip. Of course I am in seventh heaven now that there are Disney Vera Bradley’s! (I even have Vera Bradley stickers on my laptop.)
16) I love crime shows: Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, & Castle are probably my top three
17) I love to take pictures and make things out of the pictures I take
18) Pink is my favorite color
19) I love spoiling the kids
20) I love old antebellum homes
One of the things we did last week one evening was play putt putt golf. There is a cute Corolla themed putt putt place in Corolla. Complete with a mini lighthouse, Whalehead Club, and wild horses. This is newer since we started going to the Outer Banks but this was our second time playing there. I’m not good at putt putt golf but we had fun. It was a windy night the night we played so that made it a little interesting. I do think the wind helped with some of the movements of a few of the putts. But we had fun, that’s all that matters. The next time I play putt putt will probably be the next time I’m in the Outer Banks.
My favorite thing to do in the Outer Banks is the wild horse tour. I really like seeing the wild horses but for me the best part is the bumpy ride driving on the beach getting to where the horses are. That’s right driving on the beach. The wild horses are in protected land that starts after 12 ends and the 4 wheel drive area starts. This year we took the Hummer horse tour. It was Great!. These are special hummers and they really were great for the ride on the beach and seeing the horses. They are open aired so I had the ocean air on my face and the wind blowing through my hair. I can’t wait to go again. I hope they keep the hummers.