This is not a book I would typically pick up and read on my own. While I liked the book and have purchased the second book, it just left me feeling unfilled. I wanted so badly for it to end differently but I know the author was trying to make a point with this book. Maybe the follow up book will make me feel better. But I am at least glad I read it. It was a real eye opening book.
Tag Archive | 2016 reading challenge
A Book Published This Year: Stardust in Dixie by Beth Albright
Ever since I read The Sassy Belles by Beth Albright, I can’t get enough of the Belles of Tuscaloosa. So when this was the first book that was published this year that I couldn’t wait for it made since that this woulb be my book for published this year on the Modern Mrs Darcy Reading Challenge. I love these Belles, they feel like friends, and I can’t wait to see what they are getting into next. It’s also fun to see them fall in love one by one. I can’t wait for the next book, but I think everyone has found love already so they must be getting into something interesting.
Not Doing too Bad
2016 Goals and Challenges
The New Year is upon us, so it is time to make New Year’s Resolutions. I don’t do New Year’s Resolutions. I set goals for myself and challenges. So a few things I want to do in 2016 are…
1) De-clutter: not just my junk but mind, body, soul, kindle and my junk
2) 2016 Reading Challenge from Modern Mrs. Darcy
3) Personal Reading Challenge- read 12 books (1 book a month) of books found on 100 Books to read list (picture from amazon books Facebook page) If you google 100 books to read you will get lists with different books. The ones I have chosen seem to be some of the more common.
5) Be more organize
Update: 2016 Reading Challenge, Books I Should Have Read When I Was Younger
Here is my list so far, but it is not set in stone either…
1) Their Eyes Were Watching God by: Zora Neale Hurston
2) Across Five Aprils by: Irene Hunt
3) Rifles for Watie by: Harold Keith
4) The Red Badge of Courage by: Stephen Crane
5) Little Women by: Louisa May Alcott
6) Uncle Tom’s Cabin by: Harriet Beecher Stowe
7) A Farewell to Arms by: Ernest Hemingway
8) The Catcher in the Rye by: J.D. Salinger
9) Are you there God? It’s me, Margaret by: Judy Blume
10) The Color Purple by: Alice Walker
11) Anne of Green Gables by: L.M. Montgomery
Southern Belle Reads: Books of My Youth
Each year I like to have a reading challenge. This year I am doing that Kindle Love Stories Challenge that I have been sharing with you. I already have in mind what I think I would like to do for next year. Each month next year I would like to read a book that I should have read in my youth but didn’t. I have a few ideas but I was wondering if you had any ideas too. Now I have read To Kill a Mockingbird, The Grapes of Wrath, Pride and Prejudice, and even Animal Farm. So those are off the list. Some of my ideas are Little Women, The Red Badge of Courage, Their Eyes Were Watching God, and The Scarlet Letter. Even these are not set in stone.