We are officially half way through 2018. Can you believe it? It feels like just yesterday we were ringing in the new year. I have so much I wanted to do this year and I’ve hardly started any of it. And now we have holiday talk starting already and Christmas in July movies. I can’t believe this year is just flying by. Before we know it it will be Christmas. (I don’t even want to think about that.). My December is already busy, but a good busy at least. I guess I need to step it up a bit if I am going to accomplish some of the many things I was hoping to before December 31st.
You probably all know by now that the Outer Banks of North Carolina is one of my favorite places. It is what I long for when I need rest and relaxation. It is in my blood and has been sine my first visit. So I love when I find books based in the Outer Banks. Which makes my current “car reads” perfect. A series of books based in the Outer Banks. And fitting that I am reading them during the summer. Steamy weather and even steamier stories. There are five total so that should cover most of the summer!
1) Stay at the Grand Floridian at Disney World
2) Christmas in the Outer Banks
3) Thanksgiving in the Outer Banks
4) Go to Disney World with the love of my life *
5) Go to the Outer Banks with the love of my life *
6) Stay at the Bavarian Inn in Frankenmuth Michigan
7) Find a job working from the road
8) Go to a NASCAR race
9) Camp at Disney World
10) Give the kids the perfect Disney World vacation
* but first I have to find the love of my life
I thought I would share a list of ten places/things I have been/done that still surprise even myself.
1) New Orleans, LA
2) Eating beignets at the Cafe Du Monde
3) Staying in a Royal Guest room at Port Orleans Riverside (not just once but twice now)
4) Dinner at Paula Dean’s Lady and Sons restaurant in Savannah (twice)
5) Staying at the Christmas Place Hotel in Pigeon Forge, TN
6) Kentucky Wildcats Basketball game at Rupp Arena
7) Garth Brooks concert, twice
8) Seeing a Grand Ole Opry induction from the front row
9) Grand Ole Opry at the Ryman
10) Staying at the Opryland Hotel
Two Coming this Year:
1) Disney Cruise
2) Eating at Cinderella’s Castle
Before I start the list let me just say as someone who was raised on The Sound of Music I couldn’t type that without singing “My Favorite Things” in my head. (Sorry for that side note.)
Favorite Color: Pink
Favorite Flower: Magnolia
Favorite Movie: Gone With The Wind and Seven Brides For Seven Brothers
Favorite Disney Movie: Sleeping Beauty
Favorite Disney Princess: Princess Aurora
Favorite Drink: Coffee and Diet Coke (that is what fuels this Southern Belle)
Favorite Relaxing Vacation Spot: The Outer Banks
Favorite On The Go Vacation Spot: Disney World
Favorite Book: Gone With The Wind
Favorite Actor: Colin Firth
Favorite Music: Old Country Music (Conway, Johnny, George, The Statler Brothers, etc)
Favorite Country Song: Too many to name (Harper Valley PTA, Delta Dawn, The Class of 57, All the Gold in California, Happy Birthday Darlin’; to name a few)
Favorite Concert: Garth Brooks (then and now)
Favorite Garth Brooks Song: Beaches of Cheyenne
Favorite TV Show: Criminal Minds
Favorite TV Channel: Hallmark Movies and Mysteries
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite Thing to Cook: Hanky Pankies (ground beef, sausage, and cheese served on cocktail rye bread)
Favorite Disney Song: Happily Ever After (currently)
Favorite Disney Rides:
Magic Kingdom- Haunted Mansion
EPCOT- Test Track
Hollywood Studios- Toy Story Midway Mania
Animal Kingdom- Kilimanjaro Safari
Favorite Food Network Chef: The Pioneer Woman
I have been flying through books it seems like. Here is the run down.
The Sinclair’s Series by J.S. Scott:
I am finished with this series or at least finished until another one comes out and I am pretty sure there will be more after the bombshell shocker in the last book. I would like to go back a read Jason and Hopes book from a different series so that is on my to read list.
The Outer Banks Baker Series by Phoebe T. Eggli:
I am still on Book 2 of this series, Sage Advice to Cover Up a Murder! I took what I thought would be a short break to read, in honor of memorial day, a Civil War Romance but I loved it so much and there are three of them in the series, so I am now working my way through them.
Hearts Touched by Fire Series by Gina Danna:
This is the Civil War series I am currently engrossed in. I finished the first book in less than a week but the second book is a little more of a struggle for me. It is taking a little longer to get into it than the first one did but I will get there, plus I haven’t had as much free time to really jump into it.
Not Quite Crazy by Catherine Bybee:
This was the newest in the Not Quite Series and another one I have finished recently. I am always up for a Catherine Bybee novel.
Come Home to Me by Liz Talley:
This was one of my “car reads” (aka listen as I drive). I really enjoy Liz Talley’s Morning Glory series and I can’t wait for the next one in the series to be released, so I thought I would see what this book was. This book was wow! Is what it is. I highly recommend this book. It was not just a romance it was a work of art.
– Now That You Mention It by Kristen Higgins (car read)
– Finish Hearts Touched By Fire Series
– Finish Outer Banks Baker Series
– Christmas in July reading
– Read Jason and Hopes Story (one of the Sinclairs)
– Reread Gone With the Wind
And I am sure much more