I have officially reached stressed out mode over my upcoming Disney Vacation and Disney Cruise. And it’s not till December!
To me there is nothing better than a good ole road trip. Pack up the car and head out on a grand adventure. Yes the highway in the sky will get you there faster, but there is so much you don’t get to see by just flying above everything. I am not a huge Jason Alden fan but his song “Fly Over States” hits home with me. By not flying I have seen so many interesting things: a heard of sheep at a cow crossing in Wyoming, Wall Drugs and Corn Palace in South Dakota, and I have taken “a ride across the badlands” as the song suggests. I have no desire to go overseas when I still have so much more here on mainland USA I haven’t seen yet, and maybe some of Canada.
1) Stay at the Grand Floridian at Disney World
2) Christmas in the Outer Banks
3) Thanksgiving in the Outer Banks
4) Go to Disney World with the love of my life *
5) Go to the Outer Banks with the love of my life *
6) Stay at the Bavarian Inn in Frankenmuth Michigan
7) Find a job working from the road
8) Go to a NASCAR race
9) Camp at Disney World
10) Give the kids the perfect Disney World vacation
* but first I have to find the love of my life
I thought I would share a list of ten places/things I have been/done that still surprise even myself.
1) New Orleans, LA
2) Eating beignets at the Cafe Du Monde
3) Staying in a Royal Guest room at Port Orleans Riverside (not just once but twice now)
4) Dinner at Paula Dean’s Lady and Sons restaurant in Savannah (twice)
5) Staying at the Christmas Place Hotel in Pigeon Forge, TN
6) Kentucky Wildcats Basketball game at Rupp Arena
7) Garth Brooks concert, twice
8) Seeing a Grand Ole Opry induction from the front row
9) Grand Ole Opry at the Ryman
10) Staying at the Opryland Hotel
Two Coming this Year:
1) Disney Cruise
2) Eating at Cinderella’s Castle
This was my view one year ago. That was a great trip. This year I already have one Disney Trip down and one more on the way, plus a Disney Cruise. 2018 will be the year of Disney for this Southern Belle.