A few weeks ago I gave my list of 10 Recommended Series so here is my list of Recommended books.
1) Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. I think every Southern Belle should read this at least once in their lifetime and don’t let the number of pages scare you away.
2) Rhett Butler’s People by: Donald McCaig. This is a nice “sequel” to Gone With the Wind.
3) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. It’s a classic, and if you are only going to read one Jane Austin book in your life I would recommend this one.
4) The Royal We by Heather Cocks. This is a fun read in which an American girl falls in love with a prince while at college. Will their road lead them to marriage?
5) Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld. This is a fun modern day version of Pride and Prejudice set in Cincinnati. But I would recommend reading it in addition to not instead of Austen’s original version.
6) Message From Nam by Danielle Steel. This book holds a special place in my heart that I will share with you soon.
7) Black Hills by Nora Roberts. I was surprised I liked this book as much as I did. I especially enjoyed it since I have been to the black hills. It’s a type of book I would not usually go for.
8) Pemberley Ranch by Jack Caldwell. This is Pride and Prejudice meets Gone With the Wind. Need I say more.
9) Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple. This is an laugh out loud book that entertains.
10) Table for Five by Susan Wiggs. This is a touching book that will make you cry.
11) At the Altar of Speed: The Fast Life and Tragic Death of Dale Earnhardt by Leigh Montville. No words can express this book. It was a nice insight that was the man known as the man in Black.
12) Driver 8 by Dale Earnhardt Jr. At the time this came out it was a breathe of fresh air coming from a quite man. I’m sure it could use some updating now but still a good read. There were tears for this Southern Belle so be warned.
13) A Week at the Beach by Varginia Jewel. This was one of the first books I ever read on an e-reader and it was set in the Outer Banks, that in it self makes a favorite for me.
14) Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews. Another Outer banks based books and my first Mary Kay Andrews book. A great book about friendship and love.
15) Spring Fever by Mary Kay Andrews. I have only read a few of her books but she brings the Southern Charm, which I love, and this is no exception.
These are in no order. I hope you find my list helpful.