Tuesday night I made a cake to take to work on Wednesday to celebrate someone’s Birthday. The store did not have the kind of pudding I was looking for, so I could not make the cake I was setting out to make. Which means I had to improvise, I bought a chocolate cake mix, two boxes of butterscotch pudding, one container of extra creamy whip cream, and a bag of chocolate chips. What I ended up with was a Chocolate Butterscotch Poke Cake, and they loved it! A few people told me it was one of the best cakes I ever made.
Here is how I made it…
1) I made the chocolate cake how it said to on the package
2) After it was done and cooled I poked holes in the cake with a wooden spoon (or in my case a plastic spoon that is just like a wooden spoon)
3) I mixed the two boxes of butterscotch pudding with 4 cups milk and then poured over the cake.
4) I let the cake sit overnight in the fridge
5) In the morning I put the whip cream on top, as an icing
6) Then I sprinkled about half of the bag of chocolate chips on top of the cake.
The finished piece…