I’m getting into vacation mode! I’m starting to get things together to pack but more importantly I’m trying to decide what to read. Here are a few I’m thinking of…
On the heels (or tail) of the release of “Dolphin Tale 2” and since we took the five-year-old to see the movie over the weekend, I got the chance to see Winter the Dolphin this past May. After we left Disney we drove over to Clearwater to see my cousin, who just moved down there earlier this year. Since he was working and we had some time to spare, we went to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium, where Winter and Hope reside. Winter is a very unique dolphin and that aquarium is interesting. It’s amazing to me that first that dolphin could learn to adept with part of her tail missing and second it is even more amazing that someone could create a prostatic tail for her. As for the aquarium itself, it is interesting to see all the work they are doing to protect and care for these animals. In the world we are living today some people would just leave these injured and mistreated animals out there to die but the people at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium care about these animals and care that they may be able to be returned to the wild and are willing to continue to care for them even if they can not go home. If you are every in the Clearwater area I recommend going to see Winter, she truly is something special and rare.
I know it has been a while since I last posted and my post before that were few and far between, I am sorry. It has been a world wind of a summer for me but it is starting to slow down. Here are a few updates.
From the Kitchen:
- Tiger Butter Cake- Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Frosting
- Vegetable Cheeseball- Cream Cheese, Ranch Dressing Mix, and Broccoli Slaw Mix
- Buckeye Brownies: Brownies with Peanut Butter and Chocolate on top
- A New Twist on Salad: Broccoli Slaw Mix, Ham, and Dressing
- Read “Taken By Tuesday” by Catherine Bybee (Part of the Weekday Bride Series) I love this series.
- I finally finished “Reason to Breathe” and have started reading “Barely Breathing”
- Read “Just a Fling”
- I have been spending lots of time with the kids now that they have moved here and I am loving every minute. The nine month old is starting to get attached to me and that is a special feeling to have a baby reach for you. The five-year old practically has me eating out of the palm of her hand. And she started Kindergarten last mouth and I am still finding that hard to believe.
- My Disney Fever is increasing with each passing day. And the five-year old is getting Disney Fever too.
- I got to spend a lovely afternoon in Maysville and Augusta Kentucky with two of my best friends. We went to the Kentucky Heritage Museum where they have a huge display of Miniatures and we went to the Rosemary Clooney House.
- My Outer Banks vacation is less than a month away and I am counting down the days till I will be going back to that special place that has come to been so much to me.
- I got the Kindle Fire HDX, which replaces my Kindle Fire HD. I am very impressed with this device.
- I am really looking forward for the new seasons to start for many shows but Criminal Minds is probably the one I am looking forward to most.
- A few weeks ago on Hallmark Channel I watched “The Color of Rain” Movie, I thought it was a great movie. I read some of the book and the movie was a nice follow up.
( I will write more detailed separate posts for many of the items mentioned above so please keep a look out for them.)