It’s my favorite time of year! Jimmie, Dale, Kasey and the boys are back at the track! Saturday night watching the Sprint Unlimited hearing those engines roar was like music to my ears! It has been a long, cold, wait since November. To me the Daytona 500 means spring is right around turn 4. It’s going to be an interesting season, especially with the changes to the chase this year. I can’t wait to see who comes out on top not only Sunday in the Daytona 500 but also at the end of the year. Will it be Jimmie Johnson? Will it be Dale Earnhardt Jr.? Or will it be somebody else?
Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. Let me jump up and down with joy. It’s just another Hallmark Holiday. Restaurants will be packed, there will be a sea of red everywhere you go, and the amount of flowers sent, wow! Last evening I was in a local grocery store and the tables and tables of flowers waiting to be purchased for tomorrow was astonishing. My plans for tomorrow; first I will go to work, where I will be wearing all black because I am just not in the red mood for tomorrow. After work I will come home and spend some time with my new favorite man, Castle. There will be a glass of champagne along the way as well as some time spent with two of my favorite men, Ben and Jerry, Chunky Monkey is a Valentine’s Day must. Then I will curl up with a tall, dark, and handsome man, but his name will depend on what book I chose to read. And I may spend a little time with my favorite man, Rhett Butler.
As I sit here and write this the latest round of snow is slowly melting away outside and the South is getting hit by a second snow/ice storm. This year winter is hitting us really hard and I am so ready for it to be over. I need sun and a little warmer weather. Since it’s been a while since I last write I thought I would provide a few updates…
1) I am officially 30! And turning 30 really wasn’t as bad as I thought it was.
2) We have booked our Disney Vacation to Celebrate my 30th and I have made plans to “eat my way through Disney”!
3) My favorite 5-year-old is now a Big Sister! In December her baby brother was born. (He will be getting his first set of Mickey Ears from Disney when we go!)
4) My charm bracelet has gotten a little more character! Especially a cute little frog prince!
5) I have started another blog, a special one to remember my 31st year by. If you would like to check it out here it is http://mythirtyfirstyear.wordpress.com/
Thank you for reading and new post are coming very soon. Here’s to a good a good year!